Police/Detective Constable – Armed Surveillance Motorcyclist (CTPSE)
We are recruiting for a surveillance Q2 / Q200 trained armed motorcyclist to join our highly regarded Counter Terrorism (CT) Surveillance team. Although the vacancy sits within CTPSE, the successful applicant will also have the opportunity to work with the crime teams within our region
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will undertake covert, mobile, technical and foot surveillance in order to obtain intelligence and evidence, undertaking covert surveillance as authorised under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 and Human Rights legislation. The role holder will also debrief covert surveillance operations on a daily basis ensuring evidential logs are accurate.
This role comes with two role-related bonuses for being both a motorcycle surveillance officer and a firearms officer, with each bonus paying £2,000 per annum.
The successful candidate will demonstrate;
- Evidence of conducting both armed mobile and foot surveillance. The mobile aspect will evidence both within a car and upon a motorbike
- Evidence of having completed surveillance logs to a national standard, as well as knowledge of disclosure
- The ability to work under pressure and demonstrate flexibility within your role, with effective team working skills
Please note that this role is part of a national, regional and local network and as a result you may be required to travel for business purposes mainly across the south east region and occasionally throughout the UK.
Due to the nature of our work, security is of paramount importance to us and therefore it will be necessary to pass and maintain vetting level SC. In order to achieve this, you must be a British National and have resided in the UK for the past five years. Exemptions apply for overseas or other diplomatic service (with HM Government), and studying abroad.
You can find more information about security vetting here.
How to Apply
To apply, click on the “Apply” button below and submit your application before the closing date of Sunday 31st December 2023 at 23:55hrs.
If you wish to apply you need to have support from your Head of Command / Department.
- Hampshire officers need to complete an AD277b alongside their application. This form is not available on the force’s standard forms library. It can be found on the HR Portal. Please contact WFPlanning@hampshire.police.uk if you have any queries relating to this.
- Kent Officers will need to inform Kent HR Resource Planning at the earliest opportunity of intention to apply. Every Officer application form must be signed by the Chief Supt or police staff equivalent and sent to Kent HR Resource Planning no later than 5 working days prior to closing date unless exceptional circumstances apply. This is required so that Chief Officer approval can be obtained for the application to progress, which will be managed by Kent HR Resource Planning. These steps must be completed prior to submission application. If your application for an opportunity is not approved prior to submission to the recruiting organisation you may not be supported for release to the role, should you be successful.
- Officers from other forces are welcome to apply. You may wish to consult with your HR team regarding completion of additional forms.
Please upload your latest PDR (or if no PDR, a recent copy of your CPD record/Focus Feedback meeting) and a copy of your Training Record. Please also upload the Recommendation for Appointment Form (enclosed with the Job Advert) in the ‘Line Managers Approval Form’.
At CTPSE we are committed to reflecting the communities we serve, and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. We welcome applications from those interested in part time and flexible working, and encourage applications from our under represented communities.
Our people say that benefits include a good work/life balance, a supportive and welcoming place to work and great opportunities to further develop your own capabilities.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact RecruitmentSE@thamesvalley.police.uk quoting the Job Reference number 20424.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if we receive a high volume of applications. Should you wish to apply for this post, we advise you to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
Please use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge when completing your application, wherever possible, as this will enhance performance.
This opportunity is closed to applications.