Contact Management Operations Manager
We are currently recruiting for Contact Management Operations Manager, based at Abingdon, in this role you will manage the delivery of contact management services across Thames Valley Police and Hampshire Constabulary, you will have a specific responsibility for the effective leadership of a geographic area, but with a strategic responsibility to deliver in line with the department and both Forces priorities and budgets.
Key tasks will include:
- To provide effective leadership as part of the senior leadership team and contribute to the efficient running of the Contact Management Unit.
- To lead, develop and line manage staff
- To manage performance effectively so as to support the aims of the unit and the wider forces
- To develop and implement change plans to support the strategic direction of the unit and the convergence of a single service delivery across both forces.
- To maximise the use of technology to the benefit of the public, unit and both forces
- Provide stakeholder engagement across both forces and other agencies.
- Using expert knowledge to influence and negotiate developments and changes to existing and new working practices, policies and procedures which continuously improve service delivery.
- To retain an oversight of the budgets and ensure the most efficient use of resources.
- To be the Units strategic lead for allocated Force priorities and initiatives ensuring the units compliance with and contribution to organisational goals
- To manage change projects as directed
- To manage operational risks relevant to the role and unit
Please note: Due to the 365 24/7 nature of this unit there is a need for the post holder to be flexible and prepared to work unsocial hours including across weekend and lates shifts as required.
QCF Level 7 OR work experience deemed to have brought the postholder to a comparable level.
1. Proven leadership capability; ability to deliver results while inspiring others.
2. Recent experience of managing performance across teams and of leading and managing other managers
3. Detailed understanding of the demands and consequences of public contact and incident management.
4. A detailed understanding of operational risk management.
5. Problem solving skills with the ability to make informed decisions.
6. Ability to interpret and use complex management information to enhance performance.
7. Proven ability to lead change effectively
8. To have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and the ability to negotiate effectively and work collaboratively with staff of all ranks and different organisations and agencies.
Competencies and Personal Qualities
We are Emotionally Aware Level 2
We Take Ownership Level 2
We are collaborative Level 2
We Deliver, Support and Inspire Level 2
We Analyse Critically Level 2
We are Innovative and Open Minded Level 2
Candidate Guidance for Completing Application Forms
Contact details for an informal discussion
Please contact the Recruitment Team on 01962 846438 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 28th July 2019 at 23.59
Police Officers and Police Staff have access to a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service. To view a full list of our benefits please click here
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per the National Vetting Code of Practice. The residency requirement is necessary to enable all applicants to be checked in an equitable manner. Thames Valley Police will allow applicants to apply who do not necessarily reach the criteria as long as they have proven UK residency and supporting evidence where necessary. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Thames Valley Police serves diverse communities; to truly reflect this, we are keen to recruit people from Black, Asian and other minority backgrounds. We value the knowledge and experiences that individuals bring from different cultures and welcome any contributions that can enhance the services we deliver to the public.
We believe in investing in all of our people, and run tailored Positive Action Initiatives to support our colleagues from underrepresented backgrounds in their personal and professional development, ensuring everyone has a level playing field to succeed, progress and feel fulfilled in their careers.
We will consider applications from flexible workers and look for job share opportunities where possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.