Senior Systems Engineer (PaaS)
Exciting challenges lie ahead – new digital technologies and alternative ways of working are transforming the way we protect our communities and bring people to justice. We recognise that continued training and professional development is important and we aim to continue to improve on your capabilities.
TVP as an employer contribute 13.5% of pensionable pay into a member’s pension pot. You will enjoy a fantastic range of benefits including lifestyle discounts, career performance related pay increases and a positive work-life balance. You will be entitled to 24 days of annual leave per annum pro-rata for part time (plus Bank Holidays). Click here to watch a video about the ICT Department and what it means to work with us.
Technology Services is a function within the Joint ICT Department of Hampshire Constabulary and Thames Valley Police. We are ’re responsible for keeping the blue lights on and delivering innovative solutions to ensure Police Officers and staff can access key services that allow us to stay online, connected and ahead of the game. We are re looking for dynamic technologists to help lead the technical delivery and support of our next generation infrastructure environment.
As a Senior Engineer within the Platform as a Service team, you will be responsible for leading the implementation and support of variety of Identity, Messaging, Virtual Desktop and infrastructure application solutions, optimizing these services whilst driving innovation and the adoption of on premise and cloud based platform solutions throughout Joint ICT as we embark on our journey to the cloud.
Your role is to drive and evolve our business as usual initiative, ensuring regular maintenance activities are scheduled and completed on time to support the delivery of agreed service levels within the ITIL Framework. You will possess excellent problem solving skills and act as a mentor to Systems Engineers, helping them to resolve infrastructure problems. You will provide, outstanding customer service and a customer focused approach to outcomes.
- Proven experience of at least 5 years providing technical leadership and innovation across all aspects of technology, including responsibility for implementing, supporting and optimising services such as Active Directory, Certificate Services, Azure AD, AAD Connect, AD FS, MIM and SailPoint IdentityNow.
- Experienced in the support and administration of the Microsoft collaboration stack for products such as Windows 10, Office 365 workloads such as Exchange & SharePoint Online, Teams and OneDrive for Business etc.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Exchange and Symantec Enterprise Vault administration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of Citrix Technologies (XenApp v5/6.5/7.x, XenDesktop, Netscaler, CSG, Storefront etc. administration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience in complex infrastructure environments, leading remediation activities identified as part of our annual IT Health check vulnerability assessments.
- Proficient with cloud based Infrastructure Management and automation tools such as Azure Security Center, Log Analytics, Advanced Threat Protection and ServiceNow.
You will be expected to be the Subject Matter Expert in at least one of the above.
If you have not held residency in the UK for at least 12 months within the last 3 years, we will not be able to process an application from you.
If you have any questions about the role please email Tracy Ryder on Tracy.Ryder@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk .
To apply please send your CV together with a cover letter explaining your reasons for wanting to work with Thames Valley Police and why you feel you are suitable for the role in line with the job requirements to RecruitmentStaffICT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk quoting reference 16790.
If you have any queries please contact People Services Recruitment Department on 0845 2 66 66 77 – Option 1 (internal 301 6500) quoting the job reference number.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Sunday 27th September 2020. We may not always wait until the job advert closes to review and progress applications so we suggest that you submit your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Police Officers and Police Staff have access to a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service. To view a full list of our benefits please click here
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per the National Vetting Code of Practice. The residency requirement is necessary to enable all applicants to be checked in an equitable manner. Thames Valley Police will allow applicants to apply who do not necessarily reach the criteria as long as they have proven UK residency and supporting evidence where necessary. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Thames Valley Police serves diverse communities; to truly reflect this, we are keen to recruit people from Black, Asian and other minority backgrounds. We value the knowledge and experiences that individuals bring from different cultures and welcome any contributions that can enhance the services we deliver to the public.
We believe in investing in all of our people, and run tailored Positive Action Initiatives to support our colleagues from underrepresented backgrounds in their personal and professional development, ensuring everyone has a level playing field to succeed, progress and feel fulfilled in their careers.