Receptionist ( People Services Administrator)
This is a full time position at the Force Training Centre Sulhamstead, and the main responsibilities will be those of a receptionist.
The Sulhamstead Receptionist is an essential supportive function for our colleagues, staff, officers, students and partners attending the site. You will be in contact with and supporting a wide range of teams and processes. As part of the Reception team you will provide support in the following areas:
- Be the welcoming face of TVP to all Force Training Centre visitors.
- Providing accurate guidance to visiting guests and students, by either signposting to the appropriate location, advising of the correct procedures or alternative departments that can offer further advice.
- Offering additional support to other departments by chaperoning guests and/or contractors to their destinations in order to comply with site security.
- Processing Accommodation Booking requests either by telephone, email or in person at the Reception Desk.
- Accurately record Venue bookings, keeping the working document up to date with all changes and cancellations.
- Recording appropriate bookings on bespoke Hotel Booking System (training provided).
- Produce accurate figures for the Catering Contractor for the weekly catering provision required.
The successful candidate will need to be approachable, flexible, fair and professional. The role will require you to be creative and passionate about delivering a quality service to Staff, Officers, internal and external stakeholders. Attention to detail is crucial as well as the ability to problem solve, use your initiative, be able to manage a number of different tasks at the same time and make appropriate decisions.
You will have a proven ability to organise, plan, manage and prioritise workloads. Be adaptable, flexible and resilient with a willingness to learn new processes. Please ensure you read the attached Receptionist role document, which gives you more detail about the wide range of tasks that accompany this role.
As part of the Thames Valley Police family you will enjoy a fantastic range of benefits including 22-30 days annual leave per annum pro-rata for part time (plus Bank Holidays), flexible working conditions, a wide range of lifestyle discounts, career development opportunities and have the option to join a local government pension scheme. To view a full list of our benefits, please click the below link.
If you have any queries please contact People Services Recruitment Department on 0845 2 66 66 77 – Option 1 (internal 301 6500) quoting reference 17262.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Sunday 27th September 2020.
Police Officers and Police Staff have access to a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service. To view a full list of our benefits please click here
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per the National Vetting Code of Practice. The residency requirement is necessary to enable all applicants to be checked in an equitable manner. Thames Valley Police will allow applicants to apply who do not necessarily reach the criteria as long as they have proven UK residency and supporting evidence where necessary. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Thames Valley Police serves diverse communities; to truly reflect this, we are keen to recruit people from Black, Asian and other minority backgrounds. We value the knowledge and experiences that individuals bring from different cultures and welcome any contributions that can enhance the services we deliver to the public.
We believe in investing in all of our people, and run tailored Positive Action Initiatives to support our colleagues from underrepresented backgrounds in their personal and professional development, ensuring everyone has a level playing field to succeed, progress and feel fulfilled in their careers.