Police Community Support Officer - Apprentice (PCSOA) Berkshire
Are you looking for a new challenge in 2020?
Applications are invited for our new PCSO Apprenticeship. Forget the stereotype – modern apprenticeships offer new opportunities to earn and learn for everyone from college leavers to career changers. As an apprentice PCSO your on-the-job learning will also be accredited with a Level 4 Diploma in Community Policing Practice.
PCSO’s play an integral part in neighbourhood policing; providing a visible presence on the streets, making communities safer and stronger. You will be confident, resilient and comfortable dealing with all sections of the community with the ability to make decisions and work with partners to solve problems. A positive character with a professional approach, you act with integrity and treat individuals with respect.
- English Language or Literature and Mathematics at GCSE grade 9-4 or equivalent (e.g. Grade A-C or Level 2)
- Age 18 at date of application – no upper age limit
- Full Driving Licence (you can still apply if you are currently learning to drive and plan to take your test in the next 3-6 months however you won't be able to join an intake until you have passed your test)
- Please note that if you have submitted an application for the role of Police Officer (or if you submit an application at a future date) then your PCSO application will be put on hold until the outcome of the Police Officer application is known. You will be required to complete 12 months’ service in the role of PCSO before you can apply to become a Police Officer.
- Ten weeks’ training at our Force Training Centre in Sulhamstead, designed to give you a solid understanding in the essentials of a PCSO's role and powers.
- Ten weeks’ tutoring on your Local Police Area (LPA)
- On and off the job learning over the course of one year to enable you to achieve the Level 4 Certificate in Community Policing Practice.
Successful candidates will go into a recruitment pool to fill planned PCSO intakes from May 2020 onwards, subject to posting choices and vacancies.
Only one application should be submitted for either Berkshire, Buckinghamshire or Oxfordshire. Duplicate applications will be withdrawn. Please read applicationadvice before submitting an application.
If you have any queries please contact the PCSO Recruitment Department on 0845 2 66 66 77 quoting reference 1234.
As part of the Thames Valley Police family you will enjoy a fantastic range of benefits including 22-30 days annual leave per annum (plus Bank Holidays), flexible working conditions, performance related pay increases, a wide range of lifestyle discounts, career development opportunities and have the option to join a local government pension scheme. To view a full list of our benefits, please click the below link.
Closing date: Sunday 28th June 2020.
Police Officers and Police Staff have access to a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service. To view a full list of our benefits please click here
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per the National Vetting Code of Practice. The residency requirement is necessary to enable all applicants to be checked in an equitable manner. Thames Valley Police will allow applicants to apply who do not necessarily reach the criteria as long as they have proven UK residency and supporting evidence where necessary. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Thames Valley Police serves diverse communities; to truly reflect this, we are keen to recruit people from Black, Asian and other minority backgrounds. We value the knowledge and experiences that individuals bring from different cultures and welcome any contributions that can enhance the services we deliver to the public.
We believe in investing in all of our people, and run tailored Positive Action Initiatives to support our colleagues from underrepresented backgrounds in their personal and professional development, ensuring everyone has a level playing field to succeed, progress and feel fulfilled in their careers.
This opportunity is closed to applications.