Principal Engineer (PaaS)
Exciting challenges lie ahead – new digital technologies and alternative ways of working are transforming the way we protect our communities and bring people to justice. We recognise that continued training and professional development is important and we aim to continue to improve on your capabilities.
TVP as an employer contribute 13.5% of pensionable pay into a member’s pension pot. You will enjoy a fantastic range of benefits including lifestyle discounts, career performance related pay increases and positive work-life balance. You will be entitled to 30 days of annual leave per annum pro-rata for part time (plus Bank Holidays).
Technology Services is a function within the Joint ICT Department of Hampshire Constabulary and Thames Valley Police. We are responsible for keeping the blue lights on and delivering innovative solutions to ensure Police Officers and staff can access key services that allow us to stay online, connected and ahead of the game. We are looking for dynamic technologists to help lead the technical delivery and support of our next generation infrastructure environment.
As a Principal Engineer within the Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) team, you will be responsible for providing the highest level of technical expertise for platform and modern workplace solutions such as the Microsoft 365 suite of products bringing both proven experience and best practice to help drive innovation and operational efficiencies and benefits to our customers.
You will be working closely with our Architecture and Strategy teams to help define and influence our future technical roadmaps whilst supporting our business as usual initiative, producing design and migration documents and provide guidance and knowledge transfer to the wider team. This role could be carried out remotely, with the occasional requirement for travel to Hampshire Constabulary and Thames Valley Police offices.
- Strong technologist recognised as a subject matter expert in a broad range of Microsoft and related vendors platform technologies such as Identity and Access Management, Messaging and Email Archiving, Application Packaging, Citrix Virtual Apps and Azure.
- Proven experience working in complex infrastructure environments leading the implementation, support and optimisation of the Microsoft collaboration stack for products such as Windows 10, Office 365 workloads such as Exchange & SharePoint Online, Teams and OneDrive for Business.
- Experience in leading the implementation, configuration and support of identity and security related technologies such as Active Directory, Certificate Services, Azure AD, AAD Connect, AD FS, MIM and SailPoint IdentityNow.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to investigate, diagnose and rectify issues relating to infrastructure services.
- Strong team leadership experience with the ability to support and mentor other engineers.
- Customer focused adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and help both technical and non-technical audiences understand the benefits.
If you have not held residency in the UK for at least 12 months within the last 3 years, we will not be able to process an application from you.
If you have any questions about the job please email Tracy Ryder on Tracy.Ryder@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk .
To apply please send your CV together with a cover letter explaining your reasons for wanting to work with Thames Valley Police and why you feel you are suitable for the role in line with the job requirements to RecruitmentStaffICT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk quoting reference 16688.
If you have any queries please contact People Services Recruitment Department on 0845 2 66 66 77 – Option 1 (internal 301 6500) quoting the job reference number.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Sunday 6th December 2020.
Police Officers and Police Staff have access to a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service. To view a full list of our benefits please click here
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per the National Vetting Code of Practice. The residency requirement is necessary to enable all applicants to be checked in an equitable manner. Thames Valley Police will allow applicants to apply who do not necessarily reach the criteria as long as they have proven UK residency and supporting evidence where necessary. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Thames Valley Police serves diverse communities; to truly reflect this, we are keen to recruit people from Black, Asian and other minority backgrounds. We value the knowledge and experiences that individuals bring from different cultures and welcome any contributions that can enhance the services we deliver to the public.
We believe in investing in all of our people, and run tailored Positive Action Initiatives to support our colleagues from underrepresented backgrounds in their personal and professional development, ensuring everyone has a level playing field to succeed, progress and feel fulfilled in their careers.