Principal Apps Developer (CRM/CMP)
Exciting challenges lie ahead – new digital technologies and alternative ways of working are transforming the way we protect our communities and bring people to justice.
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Department is a shared function that provides services for all information technology, communications devices and applications across Hampshire Constabulary and Thames Valley Police while collaborating closely with our neighbouring South Easterly regionally integrated police forces (SERIP) and adhering to national directives.
Click here to watch a video about the ICT Department and what it means to work with us.
Hampshire Constabulary and Thames Valley Police (in conjunction with partners such as Microsoft and ESRI) have developed a state-of-the-art Contact Management Platform (CMP), providing a shared, single solution that enables all public contact and response to be performed in one place across both forces. This is a key piece of technical enablement aimed at capturing and harnessing our data more effectively, better assessing threat, harm, opportunities and risk (THOR) and ensuring the most appropriate and effective response is provided to improve the level of service provided to those in our communities at their hour of need. The Contact Management Platform replaces both forces existing Command & Control (999) systems as well as numerous mapping products and supplementary systems.
See the below YouTube links for a short explanation of the systems capabilities and its benefits:
We uphold ourselves against the highest ethical and professional standards while adhering to the policing principles, including; Accountability, Integrity, Openness, Fairness, Leadership, Respect, Honesty, Objectivity and Selflessness which underpin our decision making and forge a culture of achievement and improvement.
Working on our most high-profile, heavily invested and mission-critical system, which can be considered the benchmark for bringing each forces’ policing functions closer together by aligning process and driving operational and commercial efficiencies – but above all, a significant technological investment to deliver increased capability and crucially an improved performance to the public. In this role you will be working within a small, dynamic, multi-skilled but specialised team, focusing on continual improvement of the core system (Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM) and its many system interfaces. Delivering upon each forces shared strategic vision for Contact Management, you’ll also enhance the platform’s capabilities by introducing new ways of public interaction and further integrations with bi-lateral, regional and national solutions. Working with a modern technological platform which comprises a combination of integrated Azure IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and on-prem components with a future roadmap to transition to Dynamics Online, you will also effectively communicate with senior officers and collaborate with business & ICT stakeholders – to put it simply, you will have a significant and direct influence upon how Hampshire Constabulary and the Thames Valley Police provide public safety. This role could be carried out remotely, with the occasional requirement for travel to Hampshire Constabulary and Thames Valley Police offices.
Who we are looking for:
You will be an enthusiastic, motivated and motivational individual who would relish imparting their working methods/practices and instilling a team ethos upon a newly created function. You must have the ability to self-organise and perform technical leadership by example, directing and instigating cross-domain/team activities when necessary. We would expect the candidate to be extremely strong technically, performing hands-on development of platform components while possessing the tenacity to overcome barriers, driving the products and team forward.
We recognise that personal development and professional progress is important for the type of candidate that would find the level of influence, autonomy and responsibility this role brings appealing and therefore, you will have the opportunity to take advantage of an array of training modules/programmes to aid continual development.
You will get exposure to working with a variety of platforms, products and languages including Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, RESTful APIs and Relational/Non-relational databases. To be someone well suited for this role within the team, you will be an experienced practitioner at much of our core CMP technology stack. Any level of exposure to alternative tools & technologies would be advantageous.
Core experience, technologies, tools and skills
- Dynamics 365 On-Premise and/or Dynamics Online
- .NET 4.6 +
- RESTful API
- SQL Server 2014 +
- Visual Studio and Microsoft Azure DevOps
Advantageous experience, technologies, tools and skills
- Unified Service Desk for Dynamics 365
- Microsoft Unity Framework
- .NET Core, JQuery, AngularJS, React.JS, Knockout.js
- KingswaySoft SSIS
- Azure Application, Integration and/or Cloud Services
- Microsoft Power Platform
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of designing, developing and deploying solutions to Microsoft Azure (IaaS and PaaS)
- A passion and desire to achieve the highest standards as part of an extremely focused and autonomous team.
- Ability to produce solution/component design in accordance with technical architectures and agreed national/internal standards that are capable of meeting defined business needs and objectives.
- Championing of application development methods, techniques and standards
- Curation of organised and documented sets of techniques, intended to facilitate a structured development approach
- Lead on the planning and preparation of coherent detailed development, acceptance and implementation plans covering all aspects of technical work.
- Knowledge of modern software development best practice and a keen interest in the latest technologies, innovations, patterns and trends
- Proven at increasing capability within the technical teams in technical design and solution development, ensuring all necessary peer reviews and development standards are communicated and applied.
- Ability to achieve significant outcomes through influence and persuasion rather than direct line authority.
- 30 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Ability to enrol in the LGPS pension scheme where TVP contribute 13.5% of pensionable pay into members pension fund
- Availability for flexible working
- Annually procured Visual Studio Enterprise subscription providing monthly Azure credits and access to software, licences and training content
- Part of a forward thinking, specialised and highly autonomous team
If you have not held residency in the UK for at least 12 months within the last 3 years, we will not be able to process an application from you.
If you have any questions about the job please email Tracy Ryder on Tracy.Ryder@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk .
To apply please send your CV outlining your skills and experience in line with the job requirements to RecruitmentStaffICT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk quoting reference 16477.
If you have any queries please contact People Services Recruitment Department on 0845 2 66 66 77 – Option 1 (internal 301 6500) quoting the job reference number.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Sunday 29th November 2020.
Police Officers and Police Staff have access to a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service. To view a full list of our benefits please click here
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per the National Vetting Code of Practice. The residency requirement is necessary to enable all applicants to be checked in an equitable manner. Thames Valley Police will allow applicants to apply who do not necessarily reach the criteria as long as they have proven UK residency and supporting evidence where necessary. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Thames Valley Police serves diverse communities; to truly reflect this, we are keen to recruit people from Black, Asian and other minority backgrounds. We value the knowledge and experiences that individuals bring from different cultures and welcome any contributions that can enhance the services we deliver to the public.
We believe in investing in all of our people, and run tailored Positive Action Initiatives to support our colleagues from underrepresented backgrounds in their personal and professional development, ensuring everyone has a level playing field to succeed, progress and feel fulfilled in their careers.