Systems Engineer (WPaaS)
Exciting challenges lie ahead – new digital technologies and alternative ways of working are transforming the way we protect our communities and bring people to justice. We recognise that continued training and professional development is important and we aim to continue to improve on your capabilities.
TVP as an employer contribute 13.5% of pensionable pay into a member’s pension pot. You will enjoy a fantastic range of benefits including lifestyle discounts, career performance related pay increases and positive work-life balance. You will be entitled to 24 days of annual leave per annum pro-rata for part time (plus Bank Holidays).
Technology Services is a function within the Joint ICT Department of Hampshire Constabulary and Thames Valley Police. We are responsible for keeping the blue lights on and delivering innovative solutions to ensure Police Officers and staff can access key services that allow us to stay online, connected and ahead of the game. We’re looking for dynamic technologists to help lead the technical delivery and support of our next generation infrastructure environment.
As a Systems Engineer within the Workplace Productivity as a Service (WPaaS) team, you will be responsible for supporting a variety of platform and modern workplace solutions such as Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 suite of products as we embark on our journey to adopt a 'Windows as a Service' principle of end user device computing.
Your role is to support our business as usual initiative, ensuring regular maintenance activities are carried out and completed on time to support the delivery of agreed service levels within the ITIL Framework. You will possess excellent problem solving skills to investigate, diagnose and rectify issues relating to infrastructure services.
- Experience in a broad range of Microsoft and related infrastructure technologies such as Windows 10 Modern Desktop Management, Office 365, Application Packaging and/or Application Virtualisation (App-V, MSI, MSI-X) and Software Distribution (Microsoft Store for Business).
- Experience with SCCM and/or EndPoint Manager (MEM) administration, Windows Desktop deployment, troubleshooting failed SCCM Client installs and Application deployments and Patch and vulnerability management including End Point Protection (SCEP).
- Good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and associated features such as Group Policy, DNS, PKI & Certificate Services.
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting Office 365 products such as Exchange Online, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive for Business.
- Hands-on experience in complex infrastructure environments leading remediation activities identified as part of our annual IT Health check vulnerability assessments.
- Experience with cloud based management and monitoring tools such as Desktop/Log Analytics, Azure Sentinel, Azure Security Center, PowerBI and scripting with PowerShell.
This role could be carried out remotely, with the occasional requirement for travel to Hampshire Constabulary and Thames Valley Police offices.
If you have not held residency in the UK for a combined period of at least 12 months within the last 3 years, we will not be able to process an application from you.
If you have any questions about the job please email Tracy Ryder on Tracy.Ryder@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
To apply please send your CV outlining your skills and experience in line with the job requirements to RecruitmentStaffICT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk quoting reference 17866. Information received in the body of the email will not be submitted for review.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Sunday 20th June 2021.
Police Officers and Police Staff have access to a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service. To view a full list of our benefits please click here
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per the National Vetting Code of Practice. The residency requirement is necessary to enable all applicants to be checked in an equitable manner. Thames Valley Police will allow applicants to apply who do not necessarily reach the criteria as long as they have proven UK residency and supporting evidence where necessary. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
At Thames Valley Police, we are committed to better reflect the communities that we serve. We encourage applications from our under represented communities including all ethnic or religious backgrounds, LGBTQ+, women and those with disabilities.
Within our organisation we have a number of active staff support networks. We are proud to be a ‘Disability Confident’ Level 2 ‘Employer’ that is supported by RAMP – our dedicated reasonable adjustments process. For more information, please visit our ‘Supporting You’ page on our website, www.tvpcareers.co.uk/supporting-you.
We are also proud to have a Positive Action and Engagement team who can provide support and guidance to anyone from a Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic background throughout the Police Officer recruitment process as well as advise on career development and progression. They can be contacted via: email@example.com
Click here to read more about our commitment to valuing difference.