SELECTION PROCESS FOR CHIEF SUPERINTENDENT APPOINTMENTS
THAMES VALLEY POLICE
Applications are invited from substantive Chief Superintendents and substantive Superintendents seeking promotion who wish to be considered for Chief Superintendent roles in Thames Valley Police.
In the first instance, potential candidates should discuss their application with their respective Chief Officer in the light of current performance, career development plans and feedback from previous applications.
Summary of Application Requirements
- Covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) addressing the question ‘why me, why now’ and outlining your motivation and suitability for promotion and the role applied for. Your evidence should also relate to the behaviours included in the Competency and Values Framework (CVF):
- we are emotionally aware
- we take ownership
- we are collaborative
- we deliver, support and inspire
- we analyse critically
- we are innovative and open minded
- Comment from your Chief Officer Line Manager on your suitability for promotion (where applicable).
- Career History and Qualifications (pro forma).
- Most recent PDR
- The Selection Panel will comprise John Campbell, Chief Constable; Jason Hogg, Deputy Chief Constable and Amanda Cooper, Chief Information Officer. Steven Chase, Director of People, will also be present.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the written application.
- Candidates will be asked to give a 10 minute presentation, following a 45 minute preparation period.
- The presentation will be followed by an interview which will address issues raised in the presentation before exploring wider topics.
- The Panel will be making their assessment against the behaviours included in the CVF.
- The Selection Panels will take place on Monday 5 July and Tuesday 6 July 2021.
Further information and an application pack can be obtained from Chantelle Young, Executive Support and Research Advisor (People) on 07974 355660 or by e-mail, Execsupporttodirectorofpeople@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk. If you are interested, you should submit your application to your Chief Officer to allow completion of the Chief Officer reference (copy attached). Fully completed applications must be submitted by email to Chantelle Young, Execsupporttodirectorofpeople@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk by 1700hrs on Wednesday 23 June 2021.
We are keen to recruit people with a wide range of skills and experiences and an understanding of cultural issues. We are particularly encouraging people to join us from black, Asian and other minority ethnic communities who are under-represented.
Police Officers and Police Staff have access to a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service. To view a full list of our benefits please click here
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per the National Vetting Code of Practice. The residency requirement is necessary to enable all applicants to be checked in an equitable manner. Thames Valley Police will allow applicants to apply who do not necessarily reach the criteria as long as they have proven UK residency and supporting evidence where necessary. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
At Thames Valley Police, we are committed to better reflect the communities that we serve. We encourage applications from our under represented communities including all ethnic or religious backgrounds, LGBTQ+, women and those with disabilities.
Within our organisation we have a number of active staff support networks. We are proud to be a ‘Disability Confident’ Level 2 ‘Employer’ that is supported by RAMP – our dedicated reasonable adjustments process. For more information, please visit our ‘Supporting You’ page on our website, www.tvpcareers.co.uk/supporting-you.
We are also proud to have a Positive Action and Engagement team who can provide support and guidance to anyone from a Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic background throughout the Police Officer recruitment process as well as advise on career development and progression. They can be contacted via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to read more about our commitment to valuing difference.