Senior Systems Engineer (SCOM/SCCM)
In this role you will be involved in design, planning, delivery, implementation and support of infrastructure services within the Joint ICT Department of Hampshire and Thames Valley Police. You will be taking the lead on complex design and installation projects undertaking peer review including architectural review and quality assurance boards to help drive the innovation and adoption of cloud solutions and services within Joint ICT. As a senior team member, you will be required to help mentor and act as a technical escalation point for Systems Engineers to assist resolving hardware and software problems. You will be required to ensure that operational problems are identified and resolved to support delivery of agreed service levels, within the ITIL framework providing outstanding customer service and outcomes to our customers.
- Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills to investigate, diagnose, and rectify issues relating to Infrastructure Services.
- Able to understand and articulate how the application of ICT technology impacts the organisation, business objectives and processes, ideally within policing or public sector.
- Able to achieve significant outcomes through influence and persuasion rather than through direct line authority.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, customer focused, who is a flexible, adaptable, problem solver and able to work systematically within a team and with little direct supervision.
- Must have capability to travel to different locations across both Forces and undertake all assignments in a timely manner. For this reason a full UK driving licence is considered essential.
Essential technical skills:
- Ability to work with different infrastructure and application platforms, and delivery mechanisms, including Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and hybrid.
- Microsoft SCCM (Systems Center Configuration Manager) 2012/2016 - Configuring packages and advertisements for deploying applications and security updates to MS servers. SCCM Software Updates
- Microsoft SCOM (Systems Centre Operations Manager) 2012/2016 – deploying agents to servers, configuring alerting to go to appropriate teams, managing alerts, installing management packs. This included the whole enterprise Windows server estate (physical and virtual).
- Experience of installing, configuring and managing Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2016
Desirable technical skills:
- Experienced in delivering and supporting complex virtual, physical and cloud server infrastructures within an ITIL focussed environment.
- Experienced in the design, configuration and support across a broad range of Microsoft and related infrastructure services including Server, Clustering, Desktop, Unified Communications, Identity and Access management, Software Distribution, Monitoring, Cloud (Azure & AWS) and Office 365 with specialism in one or more areas acquired through academic qualification or further professional training and development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM (Systems Center Configuration Manager) 2019
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCOM (Systems Centre Operations Manager) 2019
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2019
As part of the Thames Valley Police family you will enjoy a fantastic range of benefits including 22-30 days annual leave per annum (plus Bank Holidays), flexible working conditions, performance related pay increases, a wide range of lifestyle discounts, career development opportunities and have the option to join a local government pension scheme. To view a full list of our benefits, please click the below link.
If you have not held residency in the UK for at least 12 months within the last 3 years, we will not be able to process an application from you.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to RecruitmentStaffICT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk quoting reference 15506. We may not always wait until the job advert closes to review and progress applications so we suggest that you submit your CV as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
If you have any queries please contact People Services Recruitment Department on 0845 2 66 66 77 – Option 1 (internal 301 6500) quoting the job reference number.
Police Officers and Police Staff have access to a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service. To view a full list of our benefits please click here
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per the National Vetting Code of Practice. The residency requirement is necessary to enable all applicants to be checked in an equitable manner. Thames Valley Police will allow applicants to apply who do not necessarily reach the criteria as long as they have proven UK residency and supporting evidence where necessary. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Thames Valley Police serves diverse communities; to truly reflect this, we are keen to recruit people from Black, Asian and other minority backgrounds. We value the knowledge and experiences that individuals bring from different cultures and welcome any contributions that can enhance the services we deliver to the public.
We believe in investing in all of our people, and run tailored Positive Action Initiatives to support our colleagues from underrepresented backgrounds in their personal and professional development, ensuring everyone has a level playing field to succeed, progress and feel fulfilled in their careers.
We will consider applications from flexible workers and look for job share opportunities where possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.