ICT Business Partner Lead
Exciting challenges lie ahead – new digital technologies and alternative ways of working are transforming the way we protect our communities and bring people to justice. TVP as an employer contribute 13.5% of pensionable pay into a member’s pension pot.
As the ICT Business Partner Lead, you will lead the Business Partner team to transform the relationship and working practises between ICT and key Force senior stakeholders, developing the Business Partner role from a reactive service provision into a truly proactive and trusted advisor to the Business. You will be working in true partnership with the Business to proactively identify and exploit opportunities through the co-creation of technology and ICT service solutions, ensuring that Business investment decisions are aligned to both the ICT strategic technology plans and both Forces business plans & objectives. We recognise that professional progress is important and in this role, you will have the opportunity for continuous development.
You will be able to demonstrate your experience as an enterprise level ICT Client Manager having delivered ICT service in a similarly complex commercial environment using an industry recognised approach such as ITIL and have the following range of knowledge and skills:
- Familiar with IT Environment - The IT environment relating to own sphere of work (own organisation and/or closely associated organisations, such as customers, suppliers, partners), in particular own organisation’s technical platforms and those which interface to them through the specialism, including those in closely-related organisations.
- Proficient in Customer Value Chain Concepts - The complete sequence of activities within a process, from receipt of an order or request to delivery of a product or service.
- Proficient in Business Improvement Techniques - Techniques for streamlining business processes which have been modelled and understood. For example error-proofing, value added assessment, process cycle time reduction, future-proofing, resilience, reliability, cost effectiveness.
- Expert in Business Proposals - Methods and techniques for preparing and presenting business cases, invitations to tender and statements of requirements both orally and in writing.
- Expert in Service Delivery Economics - The economics of service delivery such as the cost of hardware, software, and manpower used to deliver the service.
If you have not held residency in the UK for at least 12 months within the last 3 years, we will not be able to process an application from you.
If you have any questions about the job please email Tracy Ryder on Tracy.Ryder@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk .
To apply please send your CV outlining your skills and experience in line with the job requirements to RecruitmentStaffICT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk quoting reference 17636. Information received in the body of the email will not be submitted for review.
If you have any queries please contact People Services Recruitment Department at Recruitmentstaffict@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk quoting the job reference number. Please note that we are working from home and will endeavour to respond to your query as quickly as possible.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Sunday 11th April 2021. Previous applicants who applied within the last three months need not apply as your application would have already been considered.
Police Officers and Police Staff have access to a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service. To view a full list of our benefits please click here
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per the National Vetting Code of Practice. The residency requirement is necessary to enable all applicants to be checked in an equitable manner. Thames Valley Police will allow applicants to apply who do not necessarily reach the criteria as long as they have proven UK residency and supporting evidence where necessary. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
At Thames Valley Police, we are committed to better reflect the communities that we serve. We encourage applications from our under represented communities including all ethnic or religious backgrounds, LGBTQ+, women and those with disabilities.
Within our organisation we have a number of active staff support networks. We are proud to be a ‘Disability Confident’ Level 2 ‘Employer’ that is supported by RAMP – our dedicated reasonable adjustments process. For more information, please visit our ‘Supporting You’ page on our website, www.tvpcareers.co.uk/supporting-you.
We are also proud to have a Positive Action and Engagement team who can provide support and guidance to anyone from a Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic background throughout the Police Officer recruitment process as well as advise on career development and progression. They can be contacted via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to read more about our commitment to valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.