Apps Developer (Robotic process automation)
Working in policing has never been more challenging as we work together to make our communities safer. This is your opportunity to take on a role with pride and confidence, inspiring change in our with exciting challenges that lay ahead – new digital technologies and alternative ways of working are transforming the way we protect our communities and bring people to justice.
As a Developer in the Digital Centre of Excellence you will be responsible for the creation and establishment of new capabilities and services e.g. Robotic Process Automation, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and many other cognitive services and emerging digital capabilities.
You will be required to work with the wider ICT and operational policing departments to deliver and support quality solutions in line with business requirements, maximising time to value striving to deliver continuously and incrementally.
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate:
- Recent hands on experience in BluePrism’s Robotic Process Automation software and developer certification
- Awareness and interest in existing and emerging Digital capabilities
- Familiar with Ms Azure, able to build, script and manage services, set up and install Blue Prism components and ensure resilience in design
- Experience as a full stack software developer and systems designer of complex IT developments from initial concept through development and implementation to operation and support. You will have experience in different development methodologies and approaches
- Undertake peer reviews of code, component designs and documents to ensure quality delivery.
- Familiar in the technical delivery of solutions during the software development lifecycle whilst adhering to local and industry development standards. Use of source code repository’s and IDE, release and configuration management
TVP as an employer contribute 13.5% of pensionable pay into a member’s pension pot. You will be entitled to 24 days of annual leave per annum pro-rata for part time (plus Bank Holidays). Click here to watch a video about the ICT Department and what it means to work with us.
If you have not held residency in the UK for at least 12 months within the last 3 years, we will not be able to process an application from you.
If you have any questions about the job please email Tracy Ryder on Tracy.Ryder@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk .
To apply please send your CV outlining your skills and experience in line with the job requirements to RecruitmentStaffICT@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk quoting reference 17793. Information received in the body of the email will not be submitted for review.
The closing date for enquiries and receipt of completed applications is Sunday 18th April 2021.
Police Officers and Police Staff have access to a fantastic range of benefits, dependant on role, location and length of service. To view a full list of our benefits please click here
All posts require a level of Police Vetting as per the National Vetting Code of Practice. The residency requirement is necessary to enable all applicants to be checked in an equitable manner. Thames Valley Police will allow applicants to apply who do not necessarily reach the criteria as long as they have proven UK residency and supporting evidence where necessary. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
At Thames Valley Police, we are committed to better reflect the communities that we serve. We encourage applications from our under represented communities including all ethnic or religious backgrounds, LGBTQ+, women and those with disabilities.
Within our organisation we have a number of active staff support networks. We are proud to be a ‘Disability Confident’ Level 2 ‘Employer’ that is supported by RAMP – our dedicated reasonable adjustments process. For more information, please visit our ‘Supporting You’ page on our website, www.tvpcareers.co.uk/supporting-you.
We are also proud to have a Positive Action and Engagement team who can provide support and guidance to anyone from a Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic background throughout the Police Officer recruitment process as well as advise on career development and progression. They can be contacted via: email@example.com
Click here to read more about our commitment to valuing difference.